Saturday, July 29, 2006

many many years ago on this day...

I was born :)


Check out my birthday cake. This was bought from Polar as they are the only one around that have the cute cartoon characters on their cakes. Not that i particulary like that, just that a little kid running around in my place love Elmo to bits. So for my birthday, i decide to get a "Elmo" cake.




So that's why there's 2 names on it. One's mine, the other's his.




Ever since taking on my present assignment, I have been having less dinner at home. So for this year, i told mum that i felt like having steamboat.

The spread was fabulous. There were fish maws, fish balls, mushroom balls, cabbage, vegetable, sliced fish, pork liver, meat balls, prawns, hotdogs, squid and lots of love.

My darling sponsored thinny sliced Shabu-Shabu pork belly and tenderloin. Wow, this was super good and worth every cent.


I'm a happy guy this day. I thank god that i'm blessed with love, being able to spend my birthday with all my love ones, enjoying a hearty meal of home-cooked steamboat.

Oh, dad bought lots of satay back too and we ended up eating lots of food tonight. Which is a good thing ;)

9 comments:

  1. damned.. i'm working shifts mondays to sat and most sundays!~!~!~!

    gotta give it a miss this

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey damien, happy birthday! u haf the same date of birth as my mum! haha!

    and the elmo cake from Polar, i bought the Hello Kitty one ... is the picture edible ah? they told me it was, but it's abit hard when i tried eating it ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks yelin ;)
    happy birthday to your mumm!~!~!~

    yah the picture is edible according to Jan. anyway it was like wat u said, a bit hard, so we kind of gave it a miss. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Damien,

    Is there any way you'll be able to change your shift to attend the dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  5. u haven blog for 1.5mths!!! Everything ok? damien busy ask ah jan take over lah .. keke

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi i stumbled upon your blog. nice food pics :) i'm a foodie myself and its great to know likeminded ppl. take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. blogblogblog please? i miss yr entries ):

    ReplyDelete