Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Sudden craving

Feeling really ill and totally drained, i had an unusual craving for a bowl of prawn noodle. Not just any prawn noodle but the one that i used to had back in my secondary school days. Located by Queensway in Queenstown is a school that i love.

I remember fondly this stall at Canteen B which sold prawn noodle at SGD$1.00, $1.50. The thing about their prawn noodle was that, there isn't any prawns in them! For a $1.00 you'll get a bowl of noodle, topped with a slice of luncheon meat, slices of fish cake and a tablespoon of oyster sauce. I used to have 2 1 bowls of their prawn noodle.

Nothing fantastic, every bit MSG, but this was the food that remind me of my childhood days. Where i spent the most wonderful 4 years of my life at. Those fried spring rolls at Canteen A, the after school soccer sessions, the saturdays spending my time on footdrills. Those were the days.

If anyone happens to know where the stall have moved, drop me a comment yeah ;) thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Life is unfair like that but heck, what's the point of arguing? Just be happy! Continue to Eat Fat Fat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi galinus, thanks for dropping by. Ya, life sucks but life has gotta go on. Thank you again and hope you drop by more often ;)

    ps: i have wanted to try your reciepe for the Mozzarella & Ham Quiche.Will find time to try thst out soon.

    ReplyDelete